Takes about an hour to make from start to finish.
Worth every second!
This last time I made these I doubled the recipe for the chocolate wafers and tripled the cream filling and made double stuffed Oreos.
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons Butter (1 1/4 sticks) ROOM TEMP
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In mixer thoroughly mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Low speed add butter then the egg
- Continue mixing until ingredients become a dough.
- Roll the dough into large marbles size balls and then flatten with spatula or hand.
- Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart
- Bake on the center rack for 8 minutes
- Once done baking let cool for a few minutes before moving to cooling racks.
1/4 cup room temp butter (1/2 stick)
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
2 cups sifted powder sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
- In mixer place butter and shortening and mix at low speed
- Gradually beat in the powder sugar and vanilla.
- Turn mixer on high and beat 2-3 minutes until filling is light and fluffy
in a pastry bag or gallon bag snip off corner,
squeeze cream in the middle of the chocolate wafer.
Place another cookie equal to size on top and press lightly.
Get a big glass of cold milk and enjoy your homemade Oreo!